Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A little validation goes a long way.

I am new at this whole photography thing. Actually, I should clarify. I have been taking pictures for a long time. I am new at taking others' pictures and doing the whole business thing. I am still a work in progress, still carving my path, still figuring out if this is truly meant to be.

Ask my family and friends and they'll tell you that I don't have much confidence in myself right now. I think it is just a defense mechanism, so I won't be disappointed if someone isn't happy with my work. The truth is, though, that I am not half bad, and I know that.

Yesterday, through email, I got the most amazing message. It really made me feel great and feel like I certainly can do this. I photographed a small wedding a few weeks ago and it was the bride emailing me about her pictures. And she was insanely happy, and said that I managed to bring her to tears. Tears of joy. And that she will gladly recommend me to anyone.

This one email did so much for me. It made me feel so great. I am excited to continue on this journey and have a renewed sense of confidence about it all. That little bit of validation held so much power.

Thank you, M.W.!

No comments:

Post a Comment